The Canatek Gun Range box is quite simply the most secure, innovative, and user friendly method of safely transporting your handguns, ammunition, spotting scope, targets, and accessories all in one convenient package. Additionally, our Gun Range Boxes meet or surpass all legal requirements for the transportation of handguns and ammunition in the United States* and Canada.
While we endeavor to provide comprehensive information regarding our products throughout our website, should you have any questions, please give us a call toll free at 855 351-0144 or e mail us at [email protected]
Through a comprehensive research initiative, which included focus groups from various shooting disciplines, we let shooters in both the USA* and Canada tell us about features they most wanted to see in an entirely new gun range transportation box.
Our product incorporates these features in a beautifully finished package, the body of which is manufactured using super strong furniture grade white birch fine laminate. Our gun range boxes are finished with an environmentally friendly spray applied satin coating in either gentleman's blue or hunter green. Custom color gun boxes are available in literally any color you wish at an additional expense. Please allow 30 days for custom color orders.
The heavy duty handle on our deluxe gun range box is installed using machined steel fasteners which requires special security tools for removal. This allows the box to be secured to any fixed object with a coated braided steel cable (not included) to prevent crimes of opportunity.
For USA customers our deluxe gun box is shipped with the same lock up system used in our bullseye gun boxes for the United States market. Please see the photos of the USA market gun block as shown in the Bullseye USA and Bullseye USA Tallboy gun box. This gun block holds 3 handguns, and may be utilized with handguns having rail mounted optics. The position of the gun block may be easily adjusted in the gun tray to allow your box to accept unusual handguns like the Pardini SP where the magazine is in front of the trigger group. You may also receive your gun box with the Canadian market locking gun block which secures the triggers of the handguns being transported. Please note that the Canadian market gun block does not accommodate handguns with tubular rail mounted optics.
For Canadian customers, our deluxe gun range box ships with our locking gun block which secures the triggers of the handguns as required by Canadian law. The locking gun block in our deluxe gun box may not be used with handguns having large rail mounted optics. It can be used with compact red dots like the Vortex Venom which mount near the rear of the slide. Versions of our locking gun block for large N and X frame revolvers are also available. Please be advised that we do have a Bullseye Tallboy gun box which has a locking gun block for the Canadian market which will accept handguns fitted with full size optics. Information with photos is on our website.
Deluxe Gun Range Box Features
- a single stand alone unit for handguns, ammunition, targets, & accessories complete with our included compact spotting scope...no more arriving at the range like a pack mule
- our deluxe flagship model is 18" wide X 10" deep X 15" high
- there is 8" of vertical clearance for your handguns between the surface of the gun tray and the underside of the top of your gun box. The USA gun block design accepts most full size handguns with full size optics such as the ultradot. (should you require more than 8" please consider our Tallboy Bullseye model)
- The USA gun block holds 3 handguns with full size optics, while the locking gun block for the Canadian market holds 4 handguns without full size optics.
- guns only touch smooth non metallic surfaces which will not harm them
- Canadian market uses a single pin system to secures all handguns (no more individual trigger locks) Required under Canadian Law.
- triggers are locked and firearms are secured into a single block
- spacious locking drawer provides storage for eyes, ears, ammunition, etc.
- height adjustable, compact spotting scope with 10 - 60X magnification included
- spotting scope is ready for use on an adjustable bracket as soon as your gun range box is opened
- steel cabinet locks provide attractive appearance with outstanding security
- the accessory drawer and gun tray move easily on full length nylon sliders
- the bottom of the drawer, gun tray, and storage areas are all lined with rubber
- additional lower front storage is provided for magazines, tools, bore lights, etc.
- the rear of the gun box has a dedicated storage compartment for targets
- comfortable heavy duty, spring loaded, recessed carrying handle
- full length piano hinge on the swing up front provides strength and ease of operation
- heavy duty hard nylon feet to deal with harsh range environments.
Features of Our Secure Gun Block™ (USA Market)
Our design sets the standard for maintaining a secure transportation environment for your handguns. We use the same gun block in our USA Bullseye Gun Box. (more photos are on our website showing the USA gun Block)
The gun block in the tray which secures your handguns has a base with slots so it may be re positioned in seconds to accommodate unusual handguns like the Pardini SP.
A large lock up wheel on the front of the gun block allows you to easily secure a vast array of firearms including full size auto loading handguns and revolvers with rail mounted optics.
Your valuable handguns only touch felt and rubber surfaces so they get the respect they deserve.
Features of Our Locking Gun Block™ (Canadian Market)
Your new Gun Range Box will come equipped with our locking Gun Block™ installed into the gun tray for use in transporting your valuable handguns. The locked Gun Block™ may be removed from your gun range box and placed in your safe as a compact unit holding 4 of your handguns. The gun block may also be secured as part of the gun box tray.
Firearms within the Gun Block™ are both safe and secure. No trigger may be accessed and all handguns are secured into a single locked block.
- Gun Block™ ends are constructed of black 3/8" thick UHMW, a nearly
indestructible non metallic plastic material with an incredibly smooth surface.
- Gun slots are separated by brand name clear ballistic grade polycarbonate
- The inserts which capture the trigger guard and top surface of each
firearm are made with specially formulated and laminated 2A3 closed cell
foam rubber. This outstanding, high density, commercial grade foam, does
not give off gases or retain moisture.
- The elements of the Gun Block™ are assembled into a single unit with
genuine 6/6 solid nylon pins which are recessed internally into the Gun Block™ ends with no fasteners on show.
- All the handguns within the Gun Block™ are secured by a massive 5/8" solid
6/6 nylon pin which is precision machined and milled to accept a totally
armored rectangular lock. The hardened single pin lock up design of the
Gun Block™ eliminates the use of far less effective and cumbersome
individual trigger locks.
- The key for the definite purpose lock used in the Gun Block™ may only be
removed when the lock is properly secured in place. This eliminates any
potential human error of having a lock in place which is not actually
- Our standard Gun Block™ accepts virtually all common auto loading pistols
spanning many platforms and revolvers up to and including K Frame .357
magnum revolvers with barrel lengths up to 8" ***.
Notes As Per Asterisks
*Some states have a requirement that in addition to having the triggers locked and the handguns secured in a container, no person traveling in a motor vehicle may be able to gain access to the firearms being transported while the vehicle is in motion. Our gun box handle may be secured with a braided steel cable which enables our gun range boxes to meet this requirement. This accessory kit is not required by Federal Law in Canada. Since laws and the interpretation of the law may vary widely by jurisdiction, we highly recommend that all citizens keep themselves well informed regarding firearm ownership, transportation, and storage requirements.
** While we have our two signature Gun Range Transportation Box colors, on special order, at additional cost, we may finish your gun box in virtually any color.
*** Should you require a special slot in your Canadian Market Locking Gun Block™ for a large frame revolver (larger than a K Frame) please contact us and we can provide you with an upgrade to an "N" frame or "X" frame locking gun block at a modest additional charge. We also offer a wide variety of custom features from extended rubber capped polycarbonate dividers to gun blocks for multiple large framed revolvers. We are also able to manufacture our products to meet your needs such as commercial locking gun blocks which will accommodate up to 8 handguns still with a single pin release.
While we can substitute gun block options for use with target handguns utilizing oversize grips and rail mounted red dot optics, as our standard gun block will not accommodate such handguns. Simply contact us to outline your specific requirements as we have a variety of solutions available. Please note that handguns shown in images of our products throughout our web site are for visual representation only and are not included. All prices on our web site are shown in United States Dollars.