The Canatek Gun Range box is quite simply the most secure, innovative, and user friendly method of safely transporting your handguns, ammunition, spotting scope, targets, and accessories all in one convenient package. Additionally, our Gun Range Boxes meet or surpass all legal requirements for the transportation of handguns and ammunition in the United States* and Canada.
Through a comprehensive research initiative, which included focus groups from various shooting disciplines, we let shooters in both the USA* and Canada tell us about features they most wanted to see in an entirely new gun range transportation box.
Our product incorporates these features in a beautifully finished package, the body of which is manufactured using super strong furniture grade white Baltic birch fine laminate. Our gun range boxes are finished with an environmentally friendly applied satin coating in either gentleman's blue or ladies pink**. Custom colour gun boxes are available in literally any colour you wish. Please add two weeks for custom colour orders. All gun boxes may be upgraded with a substitute "N" or "X" frame gun block at a nominal additional cost. Please contact us 613 395-3000 so we can discuss your requirements.
Gun Range Box Features
- a single stand alone unit for handguns, ammunition, targets, & accessories
- our flagship model is 10.5" W X 18" L X 14" H and holds 4 handguns
- guns only touch smooth non metallic surfaces which will not harm them
- a single pin system secures all handguns (no more individual trigger locks)
- triggers are locked and firearms are secured into a single block
- spacious locking drawer provides storage for eyes, ears, ammunition, etc.
- compact height adjustable 40/60 spotting scope is included
- spotting scope is ready for use as soon as your gun range box is opened
- heavy duty exterior stainless steel locks provide outstanding security
- the accessory drawer and gun tray move easily on full length nylon sliders
- the bottom of the drawer, gun tray, and storage areas are all lined with rubber
- additional lower front storage is provided magazines, tools, bore lights, etc.
- the rear of the gun box has a dedicated storage compartment for targets
- all handguns are secured in our locking Gun Block™ which comes installed in the gun tray of your range box.
- the “Gun Block™” is modular, so any Gun Block™ may be placed into your range box.
- multiple Gun Blocks may be stored in your safe so you can simply select the “Gun Block™” you want for any particular outing.
- comfortable heavy duty carrying handle is recessed and spring loaded
- a polished, precision, full length piano hinge on the swing up front provides excellent strength and ease of operation
- heavy duty hard rubber feet to deal with harsh range environments
Features of Our Locking Gun Block™
Your new Gun Range Box will come equipped with our locking Gun Block™ installed into the gun tray for use in transporting your valuable handguns. The locked Gun Block™ may be removed from your gun range box and placed in your safe as a compact unit holding 4 of your handguns.
Firearms within the Gun Block™ are both safe and secure. No trigger may be accessed, no magazine may be removed from any firearm, and no cylinder may be opened on any revolver. All handguns are secured into a single locked block.
- Gun Block™ ends are constructed of black 3/8" thick UHMW, a nearly
indestructible non metallic material with an incredibly smooth surface.
- Gun slots are separated by brand name clear ballistic grade Lexan
- The inserts which capture the trigger guard and top surface of each
firearm are made with specially formulated and laminated 2A3 closed cell
foam rubber. This outstanding, high density, commercial grade foam, does
not give off gases or retain moisture.
- The elements of the Gun Block™ are assembled into a single unit with
genuine 6/6 solid nylon pins which are recessed internally into the Gun Block™ ends so there are no fasteners on show.
- All the handguns within the Gun Block™ are secured by a massive 5/8" solid
6/6 nylon pin which is precision machined and milled to accept a totally
armored rectangular lock. The hardened single pin lock up design of the
Gun Block™eliminates the use of far less effective and cumbersome
individual trigger locks.
- The key for the definite purpose lock used in the Gun Block™ may only be
removed when the lock is properly secured in place. This eliminates any
potential human error of having a lock in place which is not actually
- Our standard Gun Block™ accepts virtually all common auto loading pistols
spanning many platforms and revolvers up to and including K Frame .357
magnum revolvers with barrel lengths up to 8" ***.
Notes As Per Asterisks
*Some states have a requirement that in addition to having the triggers locked and the handguns secured in a container, no person traveling in a motor vehicle may be able to gain access to the firearms being transported while the vehicle is in motion. For citizens in the affected states, we offer a braided steel cable accessory kit with hardware which enables our gun range boxes to meet this requirement. This accessory kit is not required by Federal Law in Canada. Since laws and the interpretation of the law may vary widely by jurisdiction, we highly recommend that all citizens keep themselves well informed regarding firearm ownership, transportation, and storage requirements.
** While we have our two signature Gun Range Transportation Box colors, on special order, at additional cost, we may finish your gun box in virtually any color.
*** Should you require a special slot in your Gun Block™
for a large frame revolver (larger than a K Frame) please contact us and we can provide you with an upgrade to an "N" frame or "X" frame locking gun block at a modest additional charge. Please contact our company at [email protected] or call us at 613 395-3000 for further information regarding any custom requirement you may have. From extended rubber capped lexan dividers to gun blocks for multiple large framed revolvers we are able to manufacture our products to meet your needs.