For the past two years Bullseye Shooters have chased us to offer a version of our gun boxes intended to accept handguns equipped with rail mounted full size optics such as the popular ultradot. Please see the explanation below of a customer supplied photo in our presentation where he uses his high end expensive spotting scope for 50 yard competitions.
With attention to detail, including field trials with feedback from Bullseye Shooters, our new Bullseye gun box is now available.
On the issue of size, we strived to create a gun box that would have sufficient space for the majority of full size handguns fitted with modern tube optics. Our final design allows for optics with a width of up to 55 mm (2.2") and an overall height for the handgun with the optic of 20 cm (8"). The gun box will accommodate 3 handguns all fitted with optics. The overall exterior dimensions of the gun box is 18" wide X 9 3/4" deep X 15 1/8" high. The weight of the gun box complete with all the hardware and the spotting scope is a very manageable 17 pounds.
For Bullseye shooters who utilize large, thick, platform based grips combined with an oversize optic we recommend one of our tallboy gun boxes. As our classic USA Bullseye gun box, this model with 8" of vertical clearance in the handgun tray will accommodate most full size handguns with hand conforming grips and a popular tubular optic such as the Ultradot.
We also did a redesign of the lock up system which secures the handguns in place by the frame, slide, or barrel, leaving the space above the handgun wide open for the optic.
In our latest upgrade, we have added slots in the base of the gun block which secures your handguns into the tray of the gun box. This allows you to easily move the position of the gun block within the tray to any location you may require for your specific application. This feature will immediately benefit those with large revolvers or those who have Pardini or Hammerli target pistols where the magazine well is in front of the trigger guard.
Your new bullseye gun box includes our compact spotting scope having a 40 mm objective lens and 10-60X magnification. This credible spotting scope is made specifically for our company and offers outstanding performance while keeping weight and size to a minimum. The included adjustable mounting bracket allows you to adjust the height of your spotting scope. The scope is stored in the gun box on its mounting bracket when the front of the gun box is closed and locked. When the gun box is opened, the spotting scope is available for immediate use on its bracket.
We have included a photo from one of our customers where they have substituted a full size spotting scope on the adjustable bracket normally used for our supplied compact spotting scope. When shooting a .22 in timed competition at 50 yards at a black bullseye target there is nothing that can compare to the quick acquisition performance of a high end, expensive, full size spotting scope. We thought that it was sheer genius on the part of this customer to simply substitute his large expensive spotting scope using the same adjustable bracket we supply with our gun boxes. This customer's large, expensive spotting scope is not included with your purchase.
Other Product Features at a Glance
- Made of 9 mm thick furniture grade super strong white birch fine laminate
- Precise hidden tongue and groove and shiplap construction throughout using advanced CNC cut out technology
- Finished inside and out with a sprayed on commercial coating for long life and durability
- Available in Gentleman's Blue/Grey or Hunter Green. Custom colors are available at additional cost.
- The gun box has a recessed spring loaded handle having a rubber grip for comfortable carrying. The handle is secured to the gun box with machine thread fasteners security head fasteners. This is ideal for securing your gun box to any fixed object with a braided steel cable (not included) to help eliminate crimes of opportunity.
- Our new gun block only contacts your firearms with commercial grade felt and 2A1 closed cell rubber that will not retain moisture or give off gases. The gun block itself is modular in that it is mounted on a base which may be removed from your gun tray.
- The gun tray which holds the locking gun block is lined with rubber at both the butt and barrel ends of the tray. The tray itself moves easily on nylon sliders and has retainer rails so that it will not tip out of the gun box or move within the box during transportation.
- Nylon feet secured with threaded machine screws protect the gun box from hostile surfaces and maintain the level surface integrity of the gun box.
- As shown in the photographs, the new gun box design utilizes pass through storage for your shooting accessories and ammunition.
- The new cabinet lock on our swing up front adds to the refined appearance of our gun box. In the event you use your gun box outside on a windy day, each gun box ships with a "hold open clamp" to secure the swing up front and keep the view of your spotting scope stable.
If you have any questions about any of our products please e mail us [email protected] or call us toll free at 1-855-351-0144